Position Title: Project Manager
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Starting date: As soon as possible
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week with possibility Saturday).
Report to: Program & Projects Department
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is a national institution was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and financial authority to contribute to economic growth by activating and motivating labor market policies, as well as implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PEF is seeking an experienced Project manager to oversee the operations and management of the “INCREASE ACCESS TO THE LABOR MARKET FOR YOUTH JOB SEEKERS THROUGH BUSINESS AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING – AYADI” project. The project is funded by the AICS and implemented by PEF and aims to attain specific outcomes within a designated time frame. The Project manager will be responsible for supervising the project's activities, ensuring that the work quality is high, all project documentation is accurate, and impact-based reporting, monitoring, and evaluation are in place. Additionally, he will ensure the project complies with PEF and AICS regulations, including those procurement, finance, and administration.
- Generic Responsibilities:
- Adhere to PEF policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Adhere to AICS policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Lead the launching and implementation of the project, including procedures, guidelines and tools.
- Advise management on staffing, resourcing and budgeting;
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports;
- Participate to ensure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in the project with a special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance, child safeguarding, green work and digitalization.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring effective project management by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial, and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through monitoring and evaluation.
- contribute to building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on the achievement of the project objective particularly Mol, TVET departments and the private sector.
- Prepare the contractual agreements with implementing partners;
- Maintain regular coordination and quality assurance of experts, trainers and coaches’ inputs and products, as well as among project partners to ensure coherence and complementarity of project activities.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing cooperation and recommending adequate approaches to dealing with different stakeholders based on information on all relevant stakeholders gathered during projects’ implementation, especially in the TVET sector.
- Maintain regular communication on relevant project issues with the local and international counterparts, consultants, partners and experts and ensure quality and timely delivery of all agreed outputs;
- Engage with groups and communities in project activities to reflect their needs and elements of success to the planned interventions.
- Prepare project progress and ad hoc reports (progress against planned activities, an update on risks issues, expenditures…) and ensure timely reporting. The developed reports are expected to be of good quality with proper analysis of the results.
- Knowledge sharing and other relevant responsibilities pertaining to the project implementation and contribution to the office’s overall programmatic initiatives, focusing on the achievement.
- Ensure compilation and synthesis of lessons learned and best practices throughout project implementation.
- Manage the project on a day-to-day basis, and coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants and experts with a view to achieving project results and conducting needed visits.
- Develop comprehensive/detailed project work plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and set-out corresponding milestones; as well as ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities.
- Monitor the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules, review the work- plans and set deadlines, and monitor the financial resources and accounting to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Manage and monitor project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log.
- Assume responsibilities in line with the PEF project and program department and act as a `first authority` for Project transactions.
- Ensure the adherence of project activities to the existing financial, procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing donor rules and regulations and, at the same time, observe the project timelines.
- Ensure that accessibility for persons with disabilities is reflected in all project activities.
- Prepare and finalize all project documents in the English version.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, public administration, or relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management.
- Significant knowledge of TVET, the labor market and employment projects.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Demonstrated ability and experience in employment and TVET and CVET and internship project management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, evaluating and partnership building), especially in a region with high levels of ongoing conflict.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Creativity and innovation in designing and managing new projects.
- Leadership abilities and experience in working successfully in a team environment, including the ability to handle conflicting urgent priorities, and difficulties in working relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent communication, representation, networking, administration and negotiating skills.
- Language proficiency (in speaking, reading, and writing) in both English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of issues relating to the current context of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Proficiency in WinWord, Excel and MS Project.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following
- Cover Letter – outlining the key qualifications and relevant skills/experience.
- CV or Resume
Please submit your complete application at: Jobs@pef.ps no later than 10/10/2023.
Applications will only be accepted until day 10/10/2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.